Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February So Far

It has been so cold and dreary! This is all Addison has been doing!

Well we have about 3 more months of just the two of us. (I guess there are already technically three of us, but you know what I mean) This is very crazy to me! I can't believe it's already been six months since we found out we would be three!  Josh is almost finished getting that pesky border down, but has had a minor setback in the fact that he sprained his ankle badly on Sunday afternoon playing basketball with some of the youth.  We spent much of yesterday's snow day in the Baptist Minor Med. getting an x-ray and learning that it was a third degree sprain (which the dr. said can be worse than a break) and he needed to stay off of it.  Through this experience I realized how much Josh does for me.  Since he has been immobile I have been taking the dog out in the snow/rain/nasty stuff, getting my own drinks and snacks, washing all the dishes and driving us everywhere.  It has helped me realize what a helpful husband I have and how willing his helpfulness is. So thank you again Josh, for always being so willing to do little things for me.

Here are some pictures from the last snow/ice day that we had (not the one yesterday, that on was icky, so I didn't go outside to take pictures since I already had these)
 
Also two weekends ago, Lala got to bring little Latosha home on Sunday afternoon.  I think she was excited to try out being a mom at home rather than in the NICU.  I think she will do a great job.  Please pray for her if you think about it.
 
Also last week we had a dinner with Lala's family, the Jones' and Corina's family, The Browns.  We had a few friends from the neighborhood and Sunday school come and it was a fabulous time.  Adam brought over his PS3 and his Rockband  (sadly, our Rockband is broken) and it was a major hit! I think the kids sang Michael Jackson's "ABC" about 100 times, it was hilarious!  Josh did a great job grilling Hawaiian chicken sandwiches, everyone else brought sides and Lisa brought a fabulous Mississippi Mud dessert, we had so much food, it was great! Also, the kids were very entertained by Addison running around in the sun porch.  I think Addison was a little freaked out and kept trying to hide under the island table in the kitchen!  All in all, it was a huge success, I could not have asked for a better experience in mixing two worlds that are so different.  I guess it helped me to further realize that the worlds may be different but people enjoy the same things and can glorify God through their fellowship where ever and in whatever they do. Such a blessing!      
 Another big hit of the night was Corina's science experiment for her science project.  She did the experiment where you drop a lit match into a narrow necked bottle and put a hardboiled, peeled egg on top and it sucks the egg down into the bottle because of the vacuum that was formed. Everyone gathered around to see the magic! It was so cute, didn't quite work right, but very cute! 

Corina finished her science project this past Sunday afternoon and was so proud of it.  I am so proud of her for getting it done.  It was so hard to let her do it on her own though.  I love making things like science fair projects "pretty", while not even really worrying about the science part.  She is the total opposite, but it gave me a small flash forward of more science projects which will be done in our kitchen in the years to come. Hopefully I will be able to let them do it like I was able to force myself to do with Corina.  I can't believe we're having one of our own!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment