Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Well, things have been pretty uneventful around here except for Josh's beer finally being ready (he was so excited!) and Addison peeing all over our bed yesterday morning while I was in the shower.  It was so strange.  She has not gotten on our bed in a very, very long time and has not peed in the house since she was a little puppy about 2 years ago.  Josh thinks she's upset because she knows the baby is coming and I think there might be a little truth to that thought.  It's funny how dogs seem to know whats up even though they are animals.  I hope she doesn't start doing this kind of stuff after the baby comes, that would be rather stressful!

This week the big deal at our house is that I am going to be trying very hard to make a small budget work (like the one we will be going on when the baby comes and my graduate assistantship salary runs out- oh yes GAs make the big bucks!).  I have had so much fun looking at people's blogs, grocery ads, and clipping coupons.  I have a friend, Beth, who is a big money saver when it comes to groceries and posts it on her blog.  It helps that she has a Publix (the best grocery store that will never come to Memphis) but I am pretty sure that by making multiple stops at various grocery stores around town as I come upon them in my daily travels I will be able to do as well as she does.  So far this week I have saved $3 on dog food, $.75 of two boxes of Betty Crocker Muffin Mix and $3 on a pound of deli meat (I got it for $2.99/lb at SuperLo).  Also I am looking at grocery stores that I would not normally go to like Piggly Wiggly (Josh passes one everyday on the way to work), Schnucks, Aldi and SuperLo.  I am going to have to give up my one stop shopping at Kroger, convenience is just not my priority anymore. I have also noticed that the High Point Grocery in our neighborhood has some really good deals on meat (I have seen $1.19/lb on their cute hand-lettered signs for boneless skinless chicken breasts and theirs look like they came from normal sized chickens), so I'll be watching that as well.    
 
I am also realizing how little we are actually home at night to eat dinner, but I'm sure that will change when Gardner gets here.  Sundays we eat at Sr. High Small Groups, Mondays- we usually do the buy one get one thing at Chickfila (by Mendenhall on Poplar- $5.83 for 2 #1 Combos) sometimes I cook, Tuesdays- LOST night at the Butlers (Thanks Hil!), Wednesday-Church dinner or I cook, Thursdays- Office Night, I cook, Fridays-This week, leader's dinner at the Johns usually I cook or we go out and Saturdays- This week Sally will be home so we are having flanksteak and yummy stuff at Mom and Dad's house, whoo hoo, but normally I cook.    

This morning I felt like Gardner was doing his morning exercises.  I was lying on my side and he seemed to be standing on the bed and doing "up downs" to the other side of his little nest.  It was such a strange feeling to know that he's here but not here. Does that make sense?  We are already parents but I am so excited to actually get to meet little Gardner.  I hope that doesn't happen for another 11ish weeks. (11 weeks sounds really short!)
    

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think dogs know something is up. Fannie (the black one) has recently decided to escape out of the fence. I think she is mad that she doesn't get any attention anymore! ha! Can't wait to meet Gardner (LOVE the name!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new baby - who will be here before you know it!! I love the name Gardner! So precious. Ah, being a parent for the first time is such a wonderful (and stressful) experience! Please, let me know if I can offer any advice or help!!

    Thanks so much for your comment on our Diapers.com post today. I LOVE their customer service!! They are a great company, which is one of the reasons that I feature them so much :). I'm so glad that you had a good experience as well.

    Thanks for being such a faithful reader. I have a great new-mom giveaway in the works right now - it is for a book to help new parents wade their way through all of the baby gear! - be on the lookout for it soon.

    Thanks again and congratulations!

    http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete