Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wow, 2 in a month....

Here I am being faithful to my blog...yay! Well, first of all we have been working on the house. We painted our den, put in some new light fixtures, got a piece of carpet bound that my aunt gave us and put up the chandelier in the baby's room. (That stubborn border is still there, Josh has determined that our greatest weapon against it is water and vinegar, so at least that is a step in the right direction!)  We also had the boys from our friend Chris's ministry, Memphis Youth Leadership come and clean up our yard.  These boys, anywhere from 4th grade on, work on Saturdays in people's yards to earn money.  As part of the requirements to be able to work they must atten church in their neighborhood the Sunday prior to the Saturday that they work.  It was so fun to watch them work and to know that they are being mentored by the men with them.  I love seeing Jesus work through people!!!    
It was so cold, we had to open the windows so the primer fumes wouldn't get us!

Also, Corina, the little girl I am friends with who goes to the Collegiate School, had homecoming week and borrowed our MTSU jersey.  I embarrassed her to death by making her get out in the carpool line and I took her picture...mortified. It was hilarious, I realized that everything my Mother did to mortify me was just so she could have documentation of memories...it all comes full circle.haha
Also, big news, Lala (Lalesha Jones) another one of the girls that I am friends with from when I worked at Streets, had her baby.  Her name is Latosha (La-tow-sha) Tucker, the baby's father's last name.  She was 5 lbs. and because of that had to be in the NICU for a week, but she's doing great and is eating well.  Hopefully she will go home tomorrow. 
Finally, Josh is about half-way through his first batch of homemade beer.  He siphoned the beer out of the bucket and into this big glass jar where it will sit for a week or two, I can't remember. He is going to save me a bottle from every batch he makes from now until the baby comes so that I can try it!
  Waiting for the first bubbles to make sure it's working. Addison was very patient!
Josh tried the halfway finished beer, just like beer but flat. Interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Love your blog, Gail!! Your house is SO cute! I'm sure you are having fun getting to decorate it--or having fun after the work to decorate it. If you need a good solution to remove wallpaper-try DIF. It comes in a spray bottle-pretty good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Josh is saving you beer!

    ReplyDelete