Thursday, January 14, 2010

T minus 4 months!


The other night I received a text from my mother as I was lying in bed (feeling the little kicks and wiggles that I usually feel when I lie down to go to sleep) that said, "Four months from tomorrow is the arrival of baby boy! YIPPEE!"  And then it hit me...we have 16 weeks until little Nemo gets here!  That's soon...
As I have been thinking about how soon the arrival of the little kicker is, I have really kicked into gear as far as getting ready for him. (Beginning with taking down the Christmas decorations!)  I have been searching and searching for a chandelier for his room.  Ever since I saw a chandelier in a baby's room in a picture a few years ago I have always wanted one.  So I have been checking craig's list and the pottery barn outlet regularly over the past few months searching for the right one.  So, the other day (because the PB outlet is so dangerously close to my work) I just did a routine sweep of the store ($3 pillow cases, $2 decorative plates, the usual) and as I meandered through the lighting section I spied a little cream colored arm on the top of a box, way up high (thank you God for making me so tall!) Lo and behold, it was a cream colored 5 arm chandelier with leaves and plants on it....exactly what I've been looking for!! Yay! Of course, no tag and about 1.5 hours later after approval from Josh that it is not "girly".  We put that cute little chandelier in our car! I have also picked out bedding that we are registered for at PotteryBarn.com. So cute. White with green scallops. The room will be a pale yellow and I am toying with the idea of painting some trees on the wall in the non-window corner. This is his cutest little outfit yet, my mom got it for him for Christmas, I can't wait to tie him into it!

Also, I have a decorating plan for my house that I am very excited about and am trying to finish before the baby gets here. It is mostly inspired by www.designspongeonline.com and their before and after tab. (On the left when you open the page.
No news on the name front, but we're working on it...sometimes.  You may all be getting a text with the name when he's born, we are that far from agreeing on or finding a name.
Also, we went on our second ski trip as leaders this Christmas break with our seniors from Independent Pres.  I did not ski, but it was awesome to see God's hand in the beautiful mountains, in my life and in the lives of the students.  

 Addison being cute and looking out the window on "her chair" which may be getting recovered to go in the baby's room! Poor thing, she's like the outcast little daughter with us taking her chair away.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE design sponge! As a matter of fact, I was looking through her before and after photos right before I came to your blog. SO weird!

    ReplyDelete