Friday, June 3, 2011

I can't believe it has been a year!

I was thinking today about how people always tell you it flies by, but I don't think I really believed anyone until now.  On May 14th we celebrated our little baby boy's birthday.  We have been blessed by his smiles, giggles, slaps, bounces, little dances and yes even sometime his little cries.  I am such a wishy-washy blogger that I will not say that I am committed to doing this more often, but I would like to start doing a better job of chronicling the little boy who shall henceforth be called "G"'s life. 
               I will start with a story from yesterday that I thought was just hysterical and I wish that I had gotten a picture of!! We went to the zoo with "KK" (aka. kiersten hansen) and her little charge, Grey. As we meandered through the "Once Upon a Farm" section of the zoo we came upon the sheep pen.  Usually G just looks at the sheep and occasionally reaches over to pet their fuzzy little sides, but not this time. 
             This time the sheep looked like something out of a horror film!! They were shaved all over their bodies except for their heads and their shins, i am assuming because of the hot weather we are having.  So they look like they have on bellbottoms and scary Halloween masks. Not only did they look scary, but they were bleating at the top of their voices with their tongues hanging out and they seemed to all have a bad case of the crazy eye! 
              I have never seen Gardner freak out like he freaked out about those sheep.  He was screaming and screaming and screamed until we got out of sight of the sheep.  It was sad and hysterical all at the same time! Gardner, one day I will remind you that you were once afraid of the fuzzy little sheep at the zoo and you will laugh!
                With that little anecdote out of the way, here are a few pictures from G's baptism on April 10, 2011.  It was a beautiful day and it was so sweet to spend time with the people who support us everyday in raising our son:


 (ok, not from the baptism, but super cute!)
           








 After the brunch, we hung out with all the babies (G is the oldest) and G entertained us by running around in circles with his little car, it was so cute!!
 

1 comment: