Thursday, May 13, 2010

"I feel like I ordered him in the mail and he's getting here tomorrow!"

Josh said this while we were pulling out of the Wal-mart parking lot earlier today.  Needless to say I laughed for about 5 minutes.  We are so excited about our little Gardner getting here tomorrow.  Though I was initially against induction, I am grateful that I have had today to mentally prepare myself for the long day tomorrow.  We have to be at the hospital at 4:30 am and Dr. Joe said that it should take about six hours for him to come, we shall see if this turns out to be true...I'm not getting my hopes up.  So a little update before the much anticipated post about his birth.  These are some pictures of stuff we have been doing: 
I walked outside one day and around the side of the house there were these big beautiful plants with big beautiful buds and I thought, NO WAY ARE THERE BIG PEONY PLANTS IN MY YARD! I love them, they turn into these and they smell heavenly!
   Yes, that is a real flower...hard to believe.  
This is my mint bed in it's infancy rooted from Hillary's backyard, she is yard queen!
This is how my sunroom has been set up since sometime in April.  I love it this way, I wish it was springtime year round.
We had another dinner with Lala and Corina's families which was very fun.  I think everyone had a good time!
We also had a "Sips and Strokes" night with our community group where Hillary showed us how to paint a really cute church while we sipped on our wine.
And while I don't think I would be able to handle actual flower beds this year, I decided to have a very small porch garden.
This is the little gown that I made for Gardner to come home in.  Josh calls it "His little dress".  The plan is to bring home all of our little babies in this daygown. 
Finally, though I look terrible (I can't wait to get back to normal!), I thought I should put up a picture of my first Mother's Day.  We had a picnic at Overton Park with my family and took this picture.  My sweet mom and dad also gave me a hydrangea bush and some pretty roses from their yard.  It was a very fun day.
The next post will be Gardner's birthday post!! Yay! I can't wait to meet our little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment